Monday, March 09, 2009

On A Dark and Stormy Night...Taxes Were Done

This is me doing *very* big and important tax stuff. That's "Hi" backwards..not my total income..whew!


The glasses and the pencil really make me look like I know what I'm doing, right?! God, I hope it works!


Comparing apples to oranges..conclusion? This is an excellent procrastination technique!


Calling in my accountants*...clucks of disapproval from them.


Waiting for the news as the accountants check over the books...holding breath..


Conclusion: The birds are happy! We are done, well at least until next year!! Now, a break to Toronto for me and some birdseed for the accountants. Man, am I lucky that my accountants just like to be paid in seed? What a deal!


So sorry, no Ahimsa and animal rights posts..yet. But I'll be sure to share veggie delights from TO later this week and Ahimsa as soon as possible. And Guava and Tara have convinced us to adopt...a gerbil. I hope this guy is available when we get back. See you soon!

*These chickens are professional actors. They are not certified CPAs. Actually, they are in no way qualified to do any kind of taxes, not even taxing labor so please do NOT hire them for your taxes.

Credits: Big Accountant Chicken played by Bok Bok Choi, Small Accountant Chicken played by Henry the Chicken

7 comments:

Tara said...

I wish I had chickens to do my taxes! I'm so happy that you are thinking about adopting Scruffy! Have fun in Toronto!

Anonymous said...

I've never laughed at a tax post before - bravo! Toronto = :)

Jes said...

Wooohoo for finishing taxes! I always hate sitting down to do them, I think some fake CPA chickens might help :)

For the Love of Guava said...

haha... oh man that was pretty much the funnest...err.. most fun tax session I've ever seen! And... AWWW SCRUFFY!!! Yay for adopting!! Teehee... SCruffy looks a little bit like my scooter we often call him scrufster... or a cross between my scooter and your squirrel babies... teehe... **HUGS**

Maggie said...

LOL! I gave myself til the 14th to get started on the tax prep so I have a few more days to procrastinate...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your tax system sounds as complicated as ours :)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

This is the funniest thing ever! You are so cute with your chicken accountants! Too bad they were actors, I was looking forward to hiring Bok Bok Choi and Henry the Chicken to do our taxes.

You really look like you know what you're doing with the glasses and the pencils. And your apples and oranges comparison skills are incomparable!

I'm glad your squirrels enjoyed Kitty's story, he says he doesn't ever catch them and he will only chase them for fun. Can we trust him though?

Enjoy Toronto! I hope you get Scruffy! :)