Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fergie-less Black-eyed Peas


I picked up two cans of black-eyed peas in the market a few months ago figuring I'd think of something to do with them. Well, a recipe just didn't materialize and, honestly, I didn't make much effort to find one either. Until today when I took the two cans out of the cupboard and realized that there was a recipe printed on the label! It seemed simple enough so tonight I tried "Texas Black-eyed Pea Salad"...the result was hubby-approved which says a lot! The recipe didn't call for measurements so I just winged it..



2 cans black-eyed peas
1/2 chopped large onion (or 1 medium one)
1 container chopped cherry tomatoes (or 2 chopped medium tomatoes)
1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground red pepper
1 tbsp. lime juice

Mix and combine. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine. Serve with fresh bread or as a side dish!

1 comment:

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

wow this looks really really good (and makes use of some of my favorite foods!) and so healthy :) Plus I adore the name :D

thanks for visiting my blog and I'm glad Goggle & I could help you find it. That has been one of my favorite Vcon dishes!