Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cranberry Orange Yummy Fest

It's November and my mind always reminds me of cranberries and orange. I guess it's partially because of Thanksgiving but I really trace it all back to 7th grade Home Economics class when sweet little Ms. Booras taught me and the other 12-13 year olds how to make Cranberry-Orange Bread. It was one of my very first solo baking successes! Of course nowadays, you'll find me making a vegan version and more likely than not, I tend to make muffins instead of breads. So when I got these guys in my bi-weekly fruit delivery, I knew it was cranberry orange magic time. My new favorite recipe is from the Little Vegan Monsters' Cookbook and yum is it ever good!

Aren't they beautiful? And organic!


Hot out of the oven and we're impatiently waiting for them to cool down:


Full of cranberries and orange ..you don't need a thing on these ..they are so good plain!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those really look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Agreed! They look amazing, and sure it's the recipe but I think mostly it's the cook.

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

i want a bite!

btw i *finally* updated my blogroll and added you

Sarah Kramer said...

I was JUST eating those nibs 2 seconds ago. I love them. I'm trying to ration them out so they last longer. :)

Anonymous said...

I bought some cranberries today and I have oranges. Yay. The muffins look beautiful!