Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Week Looking Back

I got the cutest little box in the mail this week from www.RealBaklava.com! I stopped by their table at the Boston Vegetarian Festival earlier this month and they had a signup to receive a free sample of their baklava. How sweet (literally)! I was kind of offbeat little girl (still am maybe?!) and when I was nine years old, I requested baklava instead of a birthday cake. Nowadays, this might not sound strange but if you consider it was 1980 when baklava was rare outside places like NYC, it was kinda weird. So the love affair between me and baklava began! We're still going out...;)

Anyway, this vegan baklava with brown rice syrup instead of the traditional honey is delicious and I suspect that not even a Greek could tell the difference!


Now that my little sis, Michelle, is all settled in NYC (well, as settled as she can be in one week), I felt it was time to send her a little care package/housewarming present. She loves pumpkin so I figured it was time to try the Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip biscotti recipe from Everyday Dish TV (see the video). And it would be a good time to use those vegan white chocolate chips that I got at the veggie fest this month. They are really good and surprisingly easy to make. I packed 'em up with a Taza vegan chocolate bar and Michelle should have some pumpkin lovin' by Monday..just in time for her to start off her week (and everyone else's) of decadent eating. Hello Thanksgiving!


This photo is just for good measure so that you don't think that I only eat sweet stuff! A quick lunch stir-fry with mushrooms, baby bok choy and tofu from the Whole Foods hot deli bar.

2 comments:

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

I wrote you back re: pans on my blog :)

you take GREAT food photos!!

Anonymous said...

Baklava used to be one of my favourites. I'd love to try the vegan version one day.