Tuesday, October 21, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 20: Carrot Currant Muffins

About 9pm tonight I realized, I haven't cooked anything today! I've loved VeganMoFo so far..met so many great vegans and vegetarians and it's really pushed me to cook and bake more. Just this past week I've made six recipes from Vegan With a Vengeance..a record for me. Whipping up a batch of muffins late at night has been happening regularly this month.


So all happy tonight because I finally got to go to yoga, I was singing and dancing around the kitchen while trying out the V w/V Carrot Raisin Muffins..except with currants instead of raisins because my dear hubby hates raisins. I know it sounds strange but I'm operating under the theory that it's genetic because his mother hates them too.

So back to muffins. After last week's disaster with the missing sugar in the apple muffins, I made sure to put the sugar in this time. True to the recipe description, they seem so nice. It's cold outside but my apartment smell spicy and wonderful!

On another vegan note, hubby and I went to a local carpet store today to get a rug for our back bedroom. The floor gets pretty cold in the winter and since I am usually clanking around in the kitchen (and as I said before, singing and dancing), he likes to do his computer tinkering back there. I had not thought of this but just buying a vegan carpet is so much cheaper than a wool one (I'm talking hundreds of dollars cheaper). And after a little research I discovered that the most toxic chemicals in carpeting are actually in the padding. If you do away with the padding, you do away with a lot of the toxins so the theory goes. So we have a lovely new carpet (oriental style..hubby wouldn't let me get the crazy polka dot one so this was a compromise from the boring solid color one that he was looking at), warm floor for computer tinkering and yoga, and the sheepies can keep their wool coats!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, these muffins look gorgeous!