Saturday, October 25, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 24: Sushi ppahhhtty!!

I was shopping at the market the other day and saw something I hadn't seen before:

I checked the ingredients and all appeared vegan so I figured, let's give it a try. So for lunch today, I tried it out with some sushi rice that I cooked yesterday. I added a little rice vinegar and sugar to the rice and chopped up some veggies: avocado, cucumbers and carrots.

Here are my veggies. I later sliced the avocado into thin slices to match the cucumbers and carrots.


The soy sushi wrappers come in many fun colors! When I checked out the company's web site they have more flavors/colors after checking the ingredients, I realized the pink is not vegan (contains carmine extract made from crushed bugs..ew!) but luckily it doesn't come in the variety packs. The rest of the colors are vegan.


These are so much easier than regular sushi. Just stuff everything in one corner and roll!


The finished product..they looked almost too pretty to eat. The one on the left is has black and white sesame seeds on it and it was particularly yummy!

3 comments:

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I always wanted to try those.

Jen Treehugger said...

How cool are those!! Good find.

Tami said...

Those are beautiful!