Sunday, October 19, 2008

VeganMoFo Days 17-18: A Weekend With the PPK

So my copy of Vegan with a Vengeance is getting a real workout this past weekend.

Apple-Pie Crumbcake Muffins. These smelled delicious baking and the crumbly top was soooo good. However, the muffin wasn't because Little Miss Muffin (me) wasn't paying attention and left the sugar out! I rushed them hot out of the oven to hubby and he took a big bite only to have to spit it back out. Since these muffs have 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar they ended up tasting like mayo muffins without the sugar. Yuck. Will try them again soon and promise to pay attention!

Black Bean, Mushrom, and Quinoa-Stuffed Peppers. Great recipe..yum. Will do this again soon. Didn't get a picture because I cooked it for guests and they showed up the minute the timer when off on the oven (how's that for timing?!). It was a bit risky cooking a new recipe for guests without testing it myself but in the PPK I trust!


Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies. Decent. Not sure if I'd make them again but tasty. Can't wait to have them tomorrow with an almond milk latte made with my new rooibos tea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the muffins! You should make them again, I really love them. There are so many great recipes in VwaV that I still haven't tried out. I need to get back to that book!

Amanda said...

Thanks--glad to hear it! I'll give it another go.